Israeli air strikes on southern Lebanon have killed at least 17 people on Monday, according to the country’s health ministry, marking one of the deadliest periods since a ceasefire began just over two weeks ago.
The latest fatalities bring the total number of people killed since Thursday to 110. While the figures do not distinguish between civilians and combatants, officials confirmed that two of those killed and 14 of the injured were children.
Israel says its operations are targeting Hezbollah, which it accuses of launching hundreds of rockets and drones. Israeli authorities reported that 17 soldiers have been killed during the same period.
Both sides have accused each other of violating the ceasefire agreement, while diplomatic efforts to de-escalate the situation have so far failed.
Israeli army spokesman Avichay Adraee urged residents in several villages to move at least one kilometre away from their homes. The warning applies to areas outside the so called “yellow line,” a zone extending about 10 kilometres from the Lebanese-Israeli border where Israel says it continues operations against threats.
The Israeli military maintains that the ceasefire allows action against imminent or ongoing attacks, a claim disputed by Lebanese officials who accuse Israel of repeated violations.
Hezbollah has acknowledged carrying out retaliatory strikes, including drone attacks on Israeli forces in Naqoura and rocket fire in Qantara. The group also claimed to have used artillery and so called kamikaze drones.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that addressing Hezbollah’s drone capabilities would take time, highlighting growing security concerns.
Diplomatic talks between Israel and Lebanon, facilitated in the United States, have yet to produce tangible results. Joseph Aoun called for full implementation of the ceasefire before further negotiations.
Meanwhile, Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem criticised the talks, saying they benefit Israel and Donald Trump politically.
Lebanon’s health ministry estimates that more than 2,600 people have been killed in the country since the latest escalation began on March 2, underscoring the continuing humanitarian impact of the conflict.





