Saturday, May 23, 2026
spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
HomeInternationalIsrael uneasy over possible US-Iran peace deal, backs tougher pressure on Tehran

Israel uneasy over possible US-Iran peace deal, backs tougher pressure on Tehran

Israel is reportedly dissatisfied with ongoing efforts by the United States to reach a peace agreement with Iran, with officials in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government viewing the negotiations as a setback to the broader war strategy.

According to reports citing US sources, Israeli officials remain deeply distrustful of the Iranian leadership and believe Tehran should continue facing maximum economic and military pressure rather than diplomatic concessions.

The report said Israel supports a strategy described as “Operation Economic Fury,” focused on intensified US sanctions and a naval blockade aimed at weakening and potentially collapsing the Iranian regime, provided Washington remains committed over time.

The disagreement surfaced after Donald Trump announced a temporary pause in “Project Freedom” on Wednesday while discussions continue over a possible framework agreement with Iran.

Meanwhile, US media reports suggested Trump’s decision to halt the operation was influenced by Saudi Arabia reportedly refusing to allow American aircraft involved in the mission to use Prince Sultan Airbase or fly through Saudi airspace.

Despite reports of concern within Israel, Netanyahu publicly insisted there is “full coordination” between Washington and Tel Aviv. He said he remains in constant contact with Trump and that officials from both sides communicate daily.

Israeli leaders have repeatedly stated that their objectives remain the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear and missile programmes and curbing support for armed groups in the region. Netanyahu recently warned that Israel’s campaign against Iran is “not over,” despite growing international diplomatic efforts.

Attention is now focused on a proposed US-Iran peace framework reportedly brokered through Pakistan. Questions remain over whether the deal could reopen the Strait of Hormuz without a broader nuclear agreement.

Iran’s official response to the reported 14 point framework is expected soon, amid reports of internal divisions within Tehran between pragmatic and hardline factions.

The conflict has severely disrupted maritime trade through the Strait of Hormuz, with reports indicating at least 22 ships were hit and hundreds of commercial vessels and oil tankers stranded during recent tensions, causing global supply concerns.

Trump earlier claimed Iran had agreed to hand over its enriched uranium stockpile and said the US naval blockade imposed in April had been more effective than direct bombing campaigns.

However, he also warned that military strikes targeting Iran’s infrastructure and oil facilities could resume if negotiations fail, keeping the possibility of renewed escalation on the table.

spot_img
RELATED ARTICLES

Delhi faces severe water shortage amid intense heatwave

Residents in Delhi are struggling with worsening water shortages as extreme heatwave conditions continue to increase pressure on the city’s water supply system. According to...

Say goodbye to stomach troubles with these gut friendly superfoods

Digestive problems such as acidity, constipation, bloating and gas are becoming increasingly common due to unhealthy eating habits, stress and changing lifestyles. Health experts say...
- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments

error: Content is protected !!